20 Jun Medicaid Relief Funds Payments
Relief Fund Payments for Medicaid Only Providers Released by HHS
In the latest home health news, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), via the Health Resources and Services Administration (HHA), has announced $15 billion dollars in additional distributions from the CARES Act “Provider Relief Fund,” which is available to Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) eligible providers participating in state Medicaid and CHIP programs. The welcome news comes at a time where many agencies are still navigating the challenges of providing care in the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Alora can help your agency’s financial well-being. We’ve engineered Alora to allow you to streamline work for your front-line caregivers and your back-office administrators. And unlike the competition, you don’t have to pay for features you don’t need. Our support staff has years of home health experience and usually answers your call on the first ring. But best of all, Alora Home Health software is extremely easy-to-use.
Eligible providers are those that participated in state Medicaid and CHIP programs (specifically those who have directly billed state Medicaid/CHIP programs or Medicaid managed care plans for healthcare-related services between January 1, 2018, to May 31, 2020) and have not received payment from the $50 billion Provider Relief Fund General Allocation monies as of June 2020.
Individual payments to each provider will be at minimum two percent of reported gross revenue from patient care.
Receiving Medicaid Relief Fund Payments
How do I Apply to Receive Medicaid Relief Fund Payments?
To initiate the application process, you will need to submit annual patient revenue information through the enhanced Provider Relief Fund Portal to receive a distribution equal to at least 2% of reported gross revenues from patient care.
Examples of providers who may be eligible to receive this funding include those serving Medicaid/CHIP beneficiaries including:
- Opioid treatment & behavioral health providers
- Assisted living facilities other
- Home & community-based services providers
ENHANCED PROVIDER RELIEF FUND PORTAL INFORMATION
In June of 2020, HHS has launched an enhanced Provider Relief Fund Payment Portal intended to allow eligible Medicaid and CHIP providers to report annual patient revenue, which will be factored in determining any payments released via the Provider Relief Fund. Payments to each provider will be at least two percent of the provider’s reported gross revenue derived from patient care. Final compensation amounts individual providers receive will be determined following appropriate data submission, inclusive of information indicating the number of Medicaid patients each provider serves.
Initially, General Distribution provided payments to roughly 62% of all providers participating in state Medicaid and CHIP programs. The Medicaid and CHIP Targeted distribution enacts the Provider Relief Fund available to the remaining 38 percent of these providers. HHS has to date provided relief funding to more than one million providers, with this latest announcement expected to reach several hundred thousand additional providers. This effort is intended to address relief and provide a safety net to ensure providers stay afloat.
Clinicians that participate in state Medicaid and CHIP programs and/or Medicaid and CHIP managed care organizations who haven’t to date received General Distribution funding, are eligible to submit annual patient revenue information through the enhanced Provider Relief Fund Portal to receive a distribution. Medicaid and CHIP Providers experiencing lost revenue or increased operating expenses due to COVID-19 may proceed to apply as soon as feasible.
To be eligible for this funding, health care providers:
- Must not to date have received payments from the $50 billion Provider Relief Fund General Distribution
- Have directly billed their state Medicaid/CHIP programs or
- Have directly billed Medicaid managed care plans for healthcare-related services between January, 2018 & May, 2020
It is anticipated that nearly one million health care providers are likely eligible for this additional funding.
For additional information about eligibility and the application process click here:
For more information on payment terms and conditions please click here to visit HHS website
The Alora Home Health Blog
Read the Alora blog for industry news, including recent news, articles and commentaries, as well as other issues that pertain to Homecare in the U.S and beyond. For more information on receiving Medicaid Relief Fund payments, Home Health Software, other blog topics, questions and feedback, please send us an email to HomeHealthSoftware@Alorahealth.com